Welcome to RUCKUS Networks, part of CommScope's world-leading portfolio of networking solutions. Learn more.
New Zealand Ministry of Education
Ministry of Education (New Zealand) showcases a student-focused network that offers schools and kura access to safe and fast internet services on CommScope’s edge networks.
Watch the video
For over a decade, the New Zealand Ministry of Education has been providing managed ICT for the country’s 2,457 state primary and secondary schools. Recently, the Ministry established a program called Te Mana Tūhono (“the power of connection”). The goal is to give every student the opportunity to learn and thrive in a digital economy. The MOE formulates and implements education policies on education structure, curriculum, pedagogy, and assessment. It oversees the management and development of Government-funded schools, and the Institute of Technical Education, polytechnics and universities.
- Need for reliable fast and functional internet connectivity and coverage inside classrooms
- Access to quality helpdesk support for internal infrastructure and access to online insights and user behavior reporting
- Improvement for safety and security of schools’ online environment with individualized access & filtering policies
- Need for digital citizenship promotion around safety and security measures during devices onboarding
- SmartZone Controllers (hosted across two datacenters)
- 38,000 Wi-Fi 6 Access Points
- 12,000 ICX Switches with 10G backbone
- Cloudpath Enrollment System (850,000 licenses)
- Equitable access for all students in all NZ schools
- Able to handle bandwidth demands including 1:1 learning
- Seamless roaming between school sites
- Future-proof network for 5+ years