Welcome to RUCKUS Networks, part of CommScope's world-leading portfolio of networking solutions. Learn more.
The industry’s first scalable wireless LAN data plane appliance
SmartZone Data Plane is a wireless network appliance that enables you to tunnel user traffic and secure data to and from remote and local data centers. Designed to work seamlessly with RUCKUS® virtual SmartZone network controllers, our forwarding plane appliances help minimize operational expenses while maximizing Wi-Fi® deployment flexibility and scale.
- Flexible traffic redirection
- Secure tunneled WLANs
- High-speed packet processing
- Centralized control
- Management simplicity
Deliver better Wi-Fi network service
Our integrated features ensure a better end-user quality of experience (QoE), while minimizing costs and enhancing compliance.
- Offload WLAN connectivity services such as DHCP/NAT to the SmartZone Data Plane to eliminate extraneous appliances.
- Enable Layer 3 roaming, without additional mobility controllers, through interconnection of distributed SmartZone Data Planes.
- Support lawful intercept of encrypted traffic to maintain CALEA compliance.
- Improve data packet forwarding throughput with speeds of 1 Gbps, 10 Gbps or higher.
Choose from flexible deployment options
Deploy our virtual and physical form factors individually or in any combination to optimize and scale your wireless traffic.
- The physical appliance (SZ144-D) benefits organizations that have non-specialized IT departments with limited virtualization expertise or those that wish to further simplify deployments in tenant locations.
- The virtual form factor (vSZ-D) is ideal for organizations with specialized IT teams that have expertise in deploying a virtualized infrastructure across central and tenant locations.
Find a RUCKUS channel partner
Looking for a RUCKUS channel partner that understands your business and industry needs?