Welcome to RUCKUS Networks, part of CommScope's world-leading portfolio of networking solutions. Learn more.
East Side Union High School District
RUCKUS outdoor access points extend school district's indoor Wi-Fi network into neighborhoods that need it most
As East Side Union High School District (ESUHSD) transitioned to a digital curriculum, nearly a third of students with no internet at home were struggling to keep up. Resolved to close this "Homework Gap," ESUHSD charged SmartWAVE Technologies with the task of broadcasting its fiber-fast Wi-Fi network into the surrounding low-income areas. This extended network needed to be easy to deploy, deliver a powerful and secure signal without interfering with the existing infrastructure, and be uncomplicated to manage.
SmartWAVE selected RUCKUS outdoor access points (APs) to extend the school's network. These APs were quick to install since they employed SmartMesh™— wireless meshing technology that permits APs to talk to each other over the airwaves—eliminating the need for Ethernet cabling. These APs included patented antenna technology, which created a strong signal with no interference. Plus, they were easily managed using SmartZone Network Controllers.
- 19 high schools
- 22,255 students, 945 Teachers
- Ranks #102 out of California's 1,165 public school districts
- Extend school's indoor Wi-Fi network to outdoors
- Deploy on city street lights and traffic signals
- Minimize management and maintenance
- Instant and accurate usage reports
- RUCKUS T610 & T710 Outdoor APs
- SmartZone Network Controller
- RUCKUS AI
- Integrates seamlessly into the current network
- No co-channel interference
- Quick and easy deployment
- Simple to manage and create reports