Welcome to RUCKUS Networks, part of CommScope's world-leading portfolio of networking solutions. Learn more.
Dr Pepper Ballpark
Dr Pepper Ballpark Amplifies the Fan Experience with Wi-Fi
Watch the video
Baseball is a popular sport that used to consist of having some popcorn and soda, while root, root, rooting for your favorite team. Although this is still the case, the ultimate fan experience has changed since the “good ol’ days.”
With the explosion of mobile devices, guests today expect to be constantly connected to the Internet, regardless of where they are located in the ballpark. Fans want to share their experiences online via social media, photos, emails, texts and video streaming, and teams want to communicate with their fans in real time. Vendors also want to use the Internet to capitalize on revenue during games by providing services, such as point-of-sale transactions in strategic locations in the park.
Fan-focused Ballpark Without Wi-Fi
It’s hard to imagine going to a ballpark without an Internet connection these days, which is why Texas-based Dr Pepper Ballpark decided to make big improvements, adding Wi-Fi that would blanket the ballpark by Opening Day of the 2017 season.
- Seamless, high speed Wi-Fi Internet service for fans
- Reliable network that meets the high density needs of users
- Simple to install and easy to manage
- Deployed RUCKUS® ICX switches as a high-speed backbone around the entire ballpark
- Deployed indoor and outdoor RUCKUS access points
- Deployed 2 virtual SmartZone (vSZ) controllers for redundancy
- Seamless roaming throughout the ballpark
- Fast, reliable Wi-Fi that supports high density
- Easy to manage
- Elevated the fan experience and engagement at the ballpark