Welcome to RUCKUS Networks, part of CommScope's world-leading portfolio of networking solutions. Learn more.
RUCKUS Technical Family Newsletter - May 2023May 16, 2023
Welcome to May News Updates!
RUCKUS TECHNICAL EVENTS
- RUCKUS organized several free remote training every month for our partners. You can register yourself on this link. Keep in mind that the number of seats is limited. You’ll find below the scheduled training for June (remove training not in your geo):
- 5th of June: RUCKUS CPA 200 - Cloudpath
- 13th of June: RUCKUS RASZA 200 – SmartZone
- 14th of June: RUCKUS RWD 200
- 26th of June: RUCKUS RCWA Exam preparation
- 12th of June: RUCKUS RCWA Exam preparation
- CALA (Spanish)
- 26th of June: RUCKUS RASZA 200 – SmartZone
- 19th of June: RUCKUS CPA 200 – Cloudpath
- 26th of June: RUCKUS ICX 150
RUCKUS WIRELESS NEWS
- A new AP Patch 6.1.1 has been released. It delivers many enhancements including 11AC W2 stability enhancement. More info on the release notes.
- Unleashed 200.14 and its ecosystem (UMM 2.8, mobile application 11.132) has been released. This new version delivered many new features such as: generating and sharing DPSK by mobile app, support of ICX8200, WLAN Smart-Roam Support, and advanced WLAN settings. For all other enhancements, you can look at the release note.
- RUCKUS Network Director is now on release 4.0. You can find all the newly introduced features in the release notes.
- RUCKUS SmartZone allows several types of Guest WLAN Portal using Social Media Login. One of them is relying on Microsoft Social Media. Here you can find all the steps on how to configure it.
RUCKUS CLOUDPATH NEWS
- RUCKUS Cloudpath 5.11R2 has been released. MAC Registration List enhancements and usability enhancements for defining "Additional RADIUS attributes" to allow for longer configuration values to be visible. More info on the release notes
- RUCKUS Professional proposes a new service: Cloudpath White Glove Try-and-Buy. Once a customer is convinced by the solution and wants to start a trial, you can engage the RUCKUS Professional team. This program will enable a successful trial in the customer's networking environment by utilizing PS Cloudpath White Glove Service. This engagement is the same as if the customer purchased Cloudpath and CP White Glove Service with the exception that payment for both the CP licenses and CP WGS does not occur until after the trial is complete and the customer covers to paid CP licenses. The customer’s IT personnel are still required to engage in the same manner as if they purchased Cloudpath and were standing up the solution for the first time. Please contact me for further info.
RUCKUS ANALYTICS NEWS
- RUCKUS Analytics Threshold Crossing Reports or Dashboards. On Data Studio you now have the capability of building charts or dashboards where data is conditionally populated. For example, if you want to see a list of overloaded APs (client count > X) or APs with user traffic > Y, or APs with High Rx Failure. This will allow you to build a powerful dashboard.
GOOD TO KNOW
- RUCKUS launched a brand-new website that we invite you to discover here: https://www.ruckusnetworks.com
- RUCKUS has a podcast: RUCKCast. It can be listened to here on your favorite podcast platform. The last episode talks about some perishable skills that Wi-Fi engineers have specifically, surveying and troubleshooting, the name: “Survey Rust Is Real”.
- RUCKUS Security blogs is alive. The name: “Introducing Jim’s Corner”. In his blog, Jim Palmer shares his expertise on network security and emphasizes the need to address everyday vulnerabilities that can pose a risk to organizations, helping IT professionals become more effective defenders of network security.
- Are you up to date with all the new tech articles that have been posted on the RUCKUS forum? Have a look at the RUCKUS Self-Help section and filter on the product to look for the latest news.