Welcome to RUCKUS Networks, part of CommScope's world-leading portfolio of networking solutions. Learn more.
RUCKUS Technical Family Newsletter - August 2022August 17, 2022
Welcome to August News Updates!
RUCKUS WIRELESS NEWS
- The following revised RUCKUS Network Director 3.5 product guides have been published to the RUCKUS Support Portal. Have a look at the release notes for further info.
- A great new presentation has been released, describing all the advantages of a RUCKUS Smart Zone High Availability Geo-Redundancy: how it is used, example use cases, direct comparison of Active-Active vs. Active-Standby, which one to choose, and more.
- A new beta program for the new RUCKUS Access Point R560 Wi-Fi 6E is available until the end of August. Please contact me for further info or if you want to take part.
- The RUCKUS ZoneDirector 1200 will go EoL and will no longer be available for purchase after August 31, 2022. We have created and posted Migration guides that outline the procedures available to migrate Access Points from ZoneDirector to replacement solutions:
- The new SmartZone 6.1.0 (GA Refresh) Release Notes for R760 AP have been published on our Support portal
- The RUCKUS Unleashed beta 200.13 has been launched: dedicated master support, L3 discovery, smart redundancy, tunneled Wlan, and many more new features. Should you need more info or would like to take part, please do not hesitate to contact me.
- Did you know the RUCKUS Professional Service page on the Partner Portal was recently refreshed? It collates all PS services available including RA services.
RUCKUS CLOUDPATH NEWS
- Do you like workflows, MAC-based authentication, and RUCKUS Cloud? Good news! You can now add a workflow item for “Register a device for MAC-based Authentication” in a workflow. Typically, this is used for Guests, for click-through access to a wireless network. Have a look at this Configuration Guide.
- The new RUCKUS Cloudpath Software Licensing Guide has been published on the RUCKUS Support Portal.
RUCKUS ICX NEWS
- RUCKUS ICX Beta 10.0 is available. Contact me for further info.
- An updated versions of HPE Aruba competitive documents are now available: Competitive Battle Analysis RUCKUS vs. HPE Aruba, Competitive Battle Analysis RUCKUS vs. HPE Aruba – Executive Overview
GOOD TO KNOW
- After years of absence from the scene, we made a grand return to Mobility Field Day. And the feedback has been excellent! If you did not attend the event, you can find the recording here.
- In line with the new RUCKUS Channel Program and the requested certifications, our training department has created some great study guides to help partner study and certify for the RCWA exam. Have a look at RCWA Exam Study Guide and the RCWA Nutshell Study Guide.
- Do you know the difference between Idle timeout and Grace Period and how can these be verified? Have a look at this interesting KB on our support portal
- Why is the Speed flex result capping to 1 Gbps when testing between the AP and the SZ\vSZ? Have a look at the detailed explanation and troubleshooting steps here.
- Do you need to a refresh on all RUCKUS product warranties? There is an updated FAQ on warranties at the following link.
This newsletter is available in the following editions: