Build and manage agency-scale networks
Federal networks operate at a scale shared by few organizations. Such scale brings challenges: multiple sites with multiple management interfaces, inflexible architectures, efficient network problem isolation, and adequate service-level delivery across diverse indoor and outdoor environments. Ruckus provides the tools to build and manage large-scale networks:
Secure access, no matter the device or the environment
Federal workforces want the mobility and convenience of “Bring Your Own Device” (BYOD). But risks associated with identity and unauthorized access are all too real. Even with agency-supplied devices, an IT helpdesk overrun with password-related trouble tickets is also a too-frequent reality.
The result: security, employee productivity and IT productivity are lower than they should be. Ruckus helps by providing the means for secure user and device access in a way that’s more secure than passwords, doesn’t burden IT and minimizes end-user frustration—for hundreds of thousands of users.
The Ruckus Cloudpath Enrollment System offers:
- Certificate-based, secure connectivity with WPA2-Enterprise—the gold standard in encryption—to eliminate password hassles for BYOD users
- Self-service onboarding that dramatically reduces the burden on IT when it comes to bringing new users and devices—including BYOD and guest users—onto the network
- Policy management for granular role-based access control—users only get access to appropriate network resources
- Maximum flexibility with cloud or on-premises deployment, support for any wired/wireless network infrastructure, and customizable workflows
- Visibility and control over what devices are on the network, with each device associated with a user
Squeeze more out of your network, cut your TCO
As a federal IT leader, a gold-plated network is not what you’re after. You need to modernize as much of your network as you can with this year’s budget while making sure you maximize the lifespan of the equipment you buy. A Ruckus network lets you:
- Minimize over-provisioning through use of fixed, stackable, software-upgradeable switches that yield chassis benefits without chassis cost and forklift replacement cycles
- Minimize sparing requirements. Every switch and every access point can be used in every Ruckus control, management and distribution architecture.
- Reduce WLAN infrastructure cost by deploying fewer, more capable access points that serve more users better
- Reduce backhaul costs by distributing the WLAN data plane across sites
- Reduce WLAN CAPEX by going all-virtual